- BLBS expects top-notch sportsmanship. Harassing teams, umpires or parents is not tolerated. Issues requiring discipline will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
- Follow the golden rule - Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- BLBS Travel Baseball will have the fields dragged, lined, and ready for play. BLBS will set bases and provide game balls.
- No soft toss against any fences will be permitted.
- Portable soft toss nets MUST be 20 yards away from the dugout.
- It is the team’s responsibility to thoroughly clean up the dugout before leaving.
- Parents/players should pick up after themselves.
- There is NO alcohol permitted at any facility.
- Vehicles are permitted in designated parking areas only, and MUST NOT enter the complex.
Please report any abuse of fields to BLBS as we do not want to lose the use of these facilities.
- 9-10 Youth Division: 65 ft base path, 46 ft mound/home
- 11-12 Youth Division: 70 ft base path, 50 ft mound/home
- 13-14 Youth Division: 90 ft base path, 60 ft mound/home
All divisions follow Ohio High School Athletic Association Rule Book with the following exceptions:
- Home/Away: Determined by a coin flip prior to game.
- Umpire will set game clock.
- All roster players will hit in the batting order.
- Unlimited substitution - coach can move players in and out of lineup.
- Pitchers throw maximum 3 innings per game.
- All 6-inning games.
- No inning starts after 1 hour and 45 minutes, games may result in a tie.
- 15 run rule after 4 innings, 10 after 5 innings.
- Coach must agree on final score-keep personal record.
- Pinch run for catcher OK anytime (mandatory with 2 outs) Runner has to be the batter to make the last out.
- Tiebreaker: Used to determine division and tournament winners only. Based on season head to head play, then fewest runs allowed.
Non- Roster Players
Substitute Players MUST register on-line prior to game.
- Substitutes are permitted to avoid forfeits in the following proportions: 9/1sub or 8/2 subs.
- If the team only has 7 players, game is forfeited, but you may play the game.
- Roster players should have priority in game play.
- Substitutes cannot pitch and must bat last in the line up.
- Players may sub for one weekend only. If they play more than one weekend, they will be considered a player and charged the player fee.
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: No straight steal of home & no suicide squeeze.
- 13-14 Youth Division: Straight steal & suicide squeeze permitted.
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: No bat restrictions
- 13-14 Youth Division: -3 BBCOR bat only (OHSAA approved)
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: Rubber only
- 13-14 Youth Division: Metal or Rubber
Pool Play (Mid Season)
- All teams participate.
- Teams are placed in 4 team pools based on their record/management discretion at mid season. The goal is to create competitive match-ups.
- Format is winner/winner, loser/loser.
- Winners receive medals.
- Both games count toward overall standings.
Year End Tournament
- Seeded tournament with all teams competing.
- Teams are placed in pools of up to 8 based on their season record. This varies depending on teams/field availability (For Example: 14 teams- Teams #1-8 Bracket Play, Teams #9-12 WW/LL, Teams #13-14 Doubleheader. This format can vary and this is just an sample)
- Each pool produces a champion.
- Each champion player receives a trophy.