- BLBS Travel Baseball will have the fields dragged, lined, and ready for play. BLBS will set bases and provide game balls.
- No soft toss against any fences will be permitted.
- Portable soft toss nets MUST be 20 yards away from the dugout.
- It is the team’s responsibility to thoroughly clean up the dugout before leaving as well as the parents and their areas.
- There is NO alcohol permitted at any facility.
- Vehicles are permitted in designated parking areas only, and MUST NOT enter the complex.
- 0 tolerance policy towards umpire abuse of any kind.
Please report any abuse of fields to BLBS as we do not want to lose the use of these facilities. Abuse of facilities may result in ejection from league.
- 9-10 Youth Division: 65ft base path, 46ft mound/home
- 11-12 Youth Division: 70ft base path, 50ft mound/home
- 13-14 Youth Division: 90ft base path, 60ft mound/home
All divisions follow Ohio High School Athletic Association Rule Book with the following exceptions:
- Home/Away: Determined by a coin flip prior to game.
- Umpire will set game clock.
- All roster players must hit in the batting order.
- Unlimited substitution - coach can move players in and out of lineup.
- Pitchers throw maximum 3 innings per game.
- All 6-inning games.
- No inning starts after 1 hour and 45 minutes, games may result in a tie. Game must go 1:15min no matter score/run rule status.
- 10 run rule after 4 innings, 15 after 3 innings.
- Coach must agree on final score-keep personal record at the pre-game meeting.
- Pinch run for catcher OK anytime (mandatory with 2 outs) Runner has to be the batter to make the last out.
- 1 Umpire per 9-10/11-12 game, 2 Umpires all levels higher. 0 tolerance policy regarding abuse towards umpires.
Tiebreaker: Used to determine division and tournament winners only. Based on season head to head play, then fewest runs allowed.
Non- Roster Players
Substitute Players MUST register on-line prior to game.
- Substitutes are permitted to avoid forfeits in the following proportions: 9/1sub or 8/2 subs.
- If the team only has 7 players, game is forfeited, but you may play the game.
- Roster players should have priority in game play.
- Substitutes cannot pitch and must bat last in the line up.
- Players may sub for one weekend only. If they play more than one weekend, they will be considered a player and charged the player fee
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: No straight steal of home & no suicide squeeze. No”Slug Bunt”
- 13-14 Youth Division: Straight steal & suicide squeeze permitted.
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: No bat restrictions
- 13-14 Youth Division: -3 bbcor bat only
- 9-10, 11-12 Youth Divisions: Rubber only
- 13-14 Youth Division: Metal or rubber
Year End Tournament
- Seeded tournament for eligible teams. Teams not making the tournament could play in round robin or double-headers.
- Teams are often place in pools of 4 based on their season record. Each pool produces a champion and each player receives a trophy.